Thursday, April 8, 2010

Change in plan

OK so I was going to just venture into the world of all-grain but I have backed off of that for the time being. I will begin my brewing with extracts and most likely kits from the first few go's. There are a couple reasons for this, one is that I need some practice and need to refine some skills first and do some basic beers to get a better understanding of the process. The second reason is that I really don't want to go the cooler route. I figure that even if the plastics in the cooler are food grade, the plastic will be exposed to heat for extended periods of time for a while, some of that is bound to leech and I really don't want that. I am not overly concerned about the chemicals, I just want a stainless mash tun setup that can allow me more options when it comes to all grain and I think that it is worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment