Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Surly Abrasive - Review



So I picked up a 4-pack of Abrasive last night.  I quickly realized that I was not prepared for what was in the can.  I poured it into a large tulip and was surprised by the color.  A amber golden.  I don't know why, I expected it to be darker and more reddish similar to Furious.  A nice cream head and some nice lacing as well  The aroma was citrus, grapefruit, piney hop.  The first sip was an assault on the taste buds.  Really resiny hops and not overly bitter followed by some citrus notes that faded into a chewy sweet malt flavor.  The balance was amazing as it usually is with the beers from Surly.  The beer finished with some booze warmth that was very satisfying.  Over all defiantly worth picking up a 4 pack even with the steep price if you truly appreciate a very solid craft beer.  A-

No comments:

Post a Comment