Friday, September 3, 2010

All Grain Amarillo Pale Ale Update..

Here are some pics of the amarillo pale ale.  It is not quite ready for a "real" tasting but it is good and I am excited about it so far!
Nice Color with some chill haze but that should clear up

Nice head and some lacing

I have transferred the Amarillo Pale Ale into secondary with an ounce of simcoe for dry hopping. The beer looks and smells great and I am really excited as this is my first all grain beer. I should be bottling next weekend then 2 more weeks until I can taste the sweet nectar. One other first is that I saved the yeast from this batch. I still need to wash it, but I was really surprised at how easy it is and how much yeast I got! Since I whirlpooled in the kettle and siphoned into the better bottle I got almost no break material and very minimal hop sediment. When I checked on the yeast this morning in the fridge it settled nicely and there was a super small layer of hop trub in the saved yeast. I will decant and try to get all the yeast and use it on my next batch or the one after that. I don't want to hang onto it too long, but it is in a nice sanitized sealed mason jar for safe keeping. I am hoping to brew another all grain beer in the next 2-4 weeks and it will most likely either be the same recipe as Dank Brewers Dead Guy Ale Clone or a black ipa.  I am leaning toward the black IPA as WL001 would work really nice in that one and I will then have two really nice all grain hoppy ales to drink on for a while. We will see and I will keep you updated.  The bottling of the celebration stout went really well and I am looking forward to enjoying those with my brother in law when his new arrival comes this winter!  Here are some pics of the Amarillo in secondary!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment