Friday, October 22, 2010

Homegrown Hop IPA on Deck for this weekend!

I am really excited about this brew, my first with the nordeast homegrown hops! I will repost back with pics and notes from brewday.  Here is the bill for the HomeGrown IPA:

GRIST
65% 10lbs Golden Promise
6% 1lbs British Crystal 50-60L
6% 1lbs Biscuit Malt
6% 1lbs Munich Malt - 10L
3% .5lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine

With 10-15 min left in boil
13% 2lbs Corn Sugar (Dextrose)
1 Whifloc Tablet
Yeast Nutrient

HOP SCHEDULE (ALL HOMEGROWN)
FW 60+ 2oz Magnum
1oz Cascade @ 20
1 oz Cascade @ 10
2 OZ Cascade @ flameout to 140 degrees
2 oz Cascade Dry Hop

Pitched a tube (no starter) of WL051 Cal V and
Since I didn't do a starter I also pitched a pack of Nottingham dry yeast (was worried about underpitching with a high SG)


Cheers and look out for the updates on brewday.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I bet it comes way down to 1010. I didn't realize you used 2 pounds of Suger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are right! I took a gravity last night and it was down to 1.012! I reacked to secondary and it will probably drop another point or two. I am not holding a ton of hope right now as the sample last night tasted off to me and not what I really wanted, but only time will tell. I really missed the ball with the yeast, it just reminded me that I should ever brew when I am rushed and cannot plan as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete