Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Celebration Beer

I have been tasked with putting together a celebration ale for my brother in law.  A beer that needs some time to age.  I asked him what he wanted and this is a direct quote "how about a chocolate banana brown."  I said that sounds a little odd but I am up to the challenge.  I am taking a chance and hopefully this one will turn out to be a really good experiential beer.  Here is the bill for the banana chocolate brown:

 8oz of Biscuit Malt

 8oz of Coco Powder

 4oz of Flaked Barley


1 lb Chocolate Malt (Briess)

6 lbs of Dark LME

1 Lb Wheat DME

1 oz Crystal Hops Pellet

1 oz Mt Hood Hops Pellet

Wyeast Weihenstephan 3068

Start fermentation around 68-70 and gradually raise the temps to get the banana esters out of the yeast.  Should be interesting, I will be sure to let you know how this turns out, it should be in the fermenter in the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment