Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Brew Pub...


The family went northeast to the Hayward WI area over Memorial Day weekend and on the advice of Dank Brewer we hit up the Angry Minnow brew pub.  This place was really nice.  A nice old brick building with a nice beer garden in the back.  A nice bonus was that I am pretty certain that they were brewing at the time as the entire place smelled of sweet wort.  The server wasn't sure, so I didn't push it, but if she would have been certain I would have asked to see the process and meet the brewmaster, but I didn't push it and we didn't really have the time as we were on our way back to the cities.  The food was really good and the beer was great.  My wife went with the Wit, that was really tasty and had a nice funkyness that Wits should have.  I went with the Tre-Svends Imperial IPA which was fantastic, I had to pick up a growler of that!  If you are ever in the area, this place is worth the trip.  Here is a picture of the lunch I had, a really good pork sammy.  Also, the sippy cup is not for me!  You can see the DIPA and the Wit in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment