Monday, June 7, 2010

Cream Ale Update with Pics

So the cream ale fermented like crazy. The OG was 1.044 and it has fermented all the way down to 1.004! I tasted the hydrometer sample and it was tasty, it has been on the dry hops for two days and man was it nice. I would classify this ale as a pre-prohibition cream ale as it is a little higher on the IBU's then the style and it is dry hopped. According to my calculations it is 37 IBU's and 5% A.B.V. Infection was not apparent from the chiller incident discussed in the brew day post. I dry hopped it with 2oz of cascade and 1 oz of centennial. It is going to be damn tasty. I am also going to be doing a priming experiment with the Mutton's KreamyX priming agent. I will let you know how it turns out. Here are some pics of the cream ale in secondary. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment