Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ALL GRAIN HERE I COME!

I have finally decided to get the cooler MLT set up.  I have a 60qt igloo ice cube cooler collecting dust in my basement and all I need to do is spend 20 bucks and I can start doing all grain!  I am planning on getting the cooler completed in the next week or two!  I have decided that I am going to do an all grain version of the celebration stout so that I have something to compare it to.  One thing that I would like to point out is that I will still brew extract beers as well.  Being the father of a 19 month old time is of the essence.  I don't have 4-6 hours for every beer that I brew, I can get an extract beer completed in about 2.5-3 hours so I can come home from work, play with my daughter, get her to bed and then brew and get to bed at a decent time.  But for those days when I do have the extra time, I want to have a setup that can allow me to do all grain.  I will post pictures and step by step process for converting the cooler!  Keep and eye out for that!  CHEERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment