Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Glarus Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale Review


I am sure that many of you have tried this beer if you live in MN and frequent WI.  I picked this up a few weeks ago when I was in Madison. To be fair here, I am a huge New Glarus fan, I love their beers and love the unchained series as well. I did not want to spend a ton on beer so I got a sampler pack of the New Glarus and it included one of my favorites Moon Man. This beer pours a solid copper to orange with a nice but small white head. The aroma is of citrus hops with a small hint of some pine resin. I can also pick up on the malty side of the brew, a slight sweetness in the nose. The taste is not all in line with the awesome aroma, the bitterness hits you but it is nowhere near overwhelming. You get just a hint of sweet at the finish to cut the hop bitterness. A really nice toasty malt flavor to tame the pallet of the bitterness.  The mouth feel is nice, not to thick or to thin. Over all this is one tasty beer. The claim of it being a nice hoppy session beer is definitely the case as I could drink quite a few in one session!  Cheers to good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment