Monday, August 16, 2010

Epic - Phish Alpine Valley and Ale Asylum Beer

All I can really say is that the wife and I had a great trip to see the show and relive some memories in Mad town.  The show was pretty sick!  I was skeptical to see phish after the hiatus and this was my first show in almost 10 years!  I can honestly say that the musical vibe felt like this was 1997 all over again, they sounded great and this show ranks up there with some of the best music I have seen them play and I have seen some pretty solid shows over the years.  Here is a fine example:




On the beer front I brought some great Sconnie beer back with me. We brought back some of the standard New Glarus offerings and I also was able to try some of the Ale Asylum beers.  Those beers are out of sight and some of my favorite beers that I have had in a while.  I brought back a sixer if the Hopalicious that has 11 additions of cascades, it is super hoppy but not bitter and is absolute nectar!  I also tried their stout which was really really good and the bartender at breakfast was nice enough to hook me up with a nice sample of the Satisfaction Jackson DIPA which was damn tasty, look for a review of the hopalicious soon! UPDATE: The Ale Asylum beers while they are good they are not as good when you are not having a great time out and about in a place that holds A LOT of nostalgia.  Also the hopalicious is a good beer but it does suffer when it has been in the bottle for who knows how long. On tap the beer was outstanding but the sixer I brought home is not neatly as good.  IPA's are to be drank young and this one is not fresh enough for the nice taste that I had on tap. Also reflecting on the Phish show after listening to it a bunch is that it was even better that I thought. They were on fire that night and I am so so happy that they seem to be really getting their form back!  Cheers

1 comment: